Tuesday, January 20, 2009

capitola


The ocean washes clean. The day before our new president came, we went to the beach. It felt like a good day for a cleanse.


Unfortunately, Capitola beach is far from clean. The water here is best approached cautiously, and best followed by a thorough shower. But the views are lovely, and the light serene.


Another 80 degree day in paradise. Sorry about all the snow, you northern and eastern folks. Here in California we are crisping up nicely in the globally warmed west. It feels good albeit a little scary.


Horsey girl basks and grins. A nice long weekend gives us room to bond, laugh, play and love.


The ocean is the beginning of the earth. All life comes from the sea. The river she is flowing, flowing and growing. The river she is flowing, down to the sea.


Mother, carry me, your child I will always be. Mother, carry me down to the sea.


My beautiful first girl is a senior this year. Where did the time go? I remember her so well as a toddling child, wondering at the world. She still sings when she's happy...

All is well, I have my children and the sun and the ocean. And we have new leadership.

The king is dead! Long live the king!

1 Comments:

Blogger zoe krylova said...

oooo, now i am having california longings. thanks for sharing your paradise.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter