Friday, December 12, 2008

as promised


More on the sheep / crafting field trip. Here is the garden next door to this place. Heaven! The sheep ranch is called Sheepie Dreams.


One of the crafters, a teacher at the local elementary school, brought these mobiles. I looked at the closely and tried to recreate the essence of the project.


I studied the color combinations as well. I realized they are actually very close to what real insects exhibit. The soft wool made a wispy medium and really spoke to an angelic energy.


Here's the blue fairy I came up with. I call her Faery Bleu.


I then realized how simple and wonderful it would be to make more of these for Solstice presents. Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bean said...

Faery Bleu is beautiful! She nearly put me in a trance....

7:43 PM  
Blogger Kim Campbell said...

so enchanting.

8:21 PM  
Blogger LauraJ said...

So fairy beautiful! Now I want to get my hands on some wool and make some.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter