Tuesday, December 23, 2008

holidays


First, there was some baking. It started with these canned crescent rolls; someone left them here from Thanksgiving. It was fun to roll stuff up in them: we tried cinnamon and brown sugar, homemade plum jam (extend cooking time), and my favorite, chocolate chips.

From there I moved on to make about 500 gingerbread men. They were spicy and sweet... I used honey instead of molasses. The kids all had a great time decorating them at our party last Saturday. It was a festive Solstice night with much merry making!


Before school was out, I attended the annual staff Christmas party at a local winery. The vineyards were bare, but the mountains were still green and beautiful. The next weekend, it snowed. It was quite thrilling, but sadly has not returned since.


Happily, my house has remained pretty steady since we had Thanksgiving here. I like the arrangement of the furniture now, it feels cozy again. I moved these pictures from scattered places to this one wall, and my eye is happy with it now.


Little P. got a new lunchbox (sorely needed) for her birthday. I got some new bird hooks from our special retail therapy store in San Francisco. My kitchen looks great in green so far this winter. I have been waffling back and forth about cooking and NOT cooking. I have been buying raw food books again, obsessing, reading, but not really DOING it. The new year is always a good time to start things, no?


Meanwhile I eat yummy things, like poached eggs in this organic tomato sauce over spaghetti. And cookies.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I make my gingerbread with honey as well, or sometimes half honey and half molasses.
I love your bird hooks.
Have a great holiday!

10:18 AM  
Blogger LauraJ said...

A little retail therapy never hurt anyone. Happy Holidays! Stay warm!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

I would love your gingerbread recipe, if you wouldn't mind sharing! I have yet to perfect one myself.

Happy Holidays!

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Jersey City TV Repairs said...

Great readd thank you

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter