Sunday, November 02, 2008

tidying upstairs


As much as I wanted to buy new duvets for the beds and have a total makeover moment, practicality stepped in and I did a "use what you have" makeover moment instead.


There is a lot to be said for just clearing out. Getting rid of stuff is the best first step. Boxing it up and putting it away is the second best. And just putting things back is a valuable tool towards achieving simplicity and comfort.


I created this simple corner of comfort to be a place to sit and do homework. I have massive amounts of research and reading to do in the next four weeks. I hauled this chair upstairs and covered it with an old sheet and my coveted sheepskin. Extra books, papers, yarn and unused craft supplies got stashed in baskets. One ugly cardboard box got covered with one of Princess 1's sunset painting. Important books are lined up behind, ready for use.


Like a magnet, this area was swooped upon and settled in by Horsey Girl, seen here reading her favorite book for about the fiftieth time. I should have known.


I still wish I could afford new duvets. I'd like to do a soft beige flannel and work the room in neutrals. Until then, I'll make do with what I've got. Please disregard the laundry in this pic.

At least it's in a basket.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Tori said...

I covet your space. My all time favorite book was My Side of the Mountain. Horsey Girl sure has grown into a wonderful young woman. You must be proud.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter