Wednesday, September 06, 2006

imagine

Imagine a woman who believes it is right and good she is a woman.
A woman who honors her experience and tells her stories.
Who refuses to carry the "sins" of others within her body and life.
Imagine a woman who has acknowledged the past's influence on the present.
A woman who has walked through her past.
Who has healed into the present.
Imagine a woman who names her own gods.
A woman who imagines the divine in her image and likeness.
Who designs her own spirituality and allows it to inform her daily life.
Imagine a woman in love with her own body.
A woman who believes her body is enough, just as it is.
Who celebrates her body's rhythms and cycles as an exquisite resource.
Imagine a woman who honors the body of the Goddess in her changing body.
A woman who celebrates the accumulation of her years and her wisdom.
Who refuses to use her precious life-energy disguising the changes in her body and life.
Imagine a woman who values the women in her life.
A woman who sits in circles of woment.
Who is reminded of the truth about herself when she forgets.
Imagine yourself as this woman.

- author unknown

3 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

I'm imagining. I'm imagining I like this woman.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aurora, you're being quite the inspiration lately! I've already been muttering to myself "my past informs my present, not rules it" and now this? Fabulous.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This touches me in places that I had forgotten about. I have seen this woman before in my own reflection. However, I have not seen her in years. I think today is the day to find and embrace her and never let her go. Oh God, is this a possible quest?

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter