Wednesday, August 09, 2006

here ya go

Ah, my favorite little interuption. Weeds pulled from the dusty yard are more precious than orchids, no? (I always kill orchids anyway.)

P. #2 wears a sweet dress my mil made a few months ago. Such the girlie girl, it's fun to watch her jostle around in the dirt with the dogs wearing her cute country dresses.

And yes, that is my laundry, again. Gotta keep up my reputation, ya know.
I sewed this dress last week (Blogger has been acting weird again, *sigh*) I really like how it turned out, so cool and comfortable. Horsey Girl observed, "It's a real garden dress, Mom." The fabric was $2, it's a cotton / linen blend that's light and smooth, printed all over with flowers and bee skeps. I've entered this in the Fair, though I doubt I'll do that well, since I used several different colors of thread throughout, and the buttonholes are well, less than perfect.
I also used four different buttons, though you can't tell here; they are all shell, with different designs carved in.

I wish I could wear it! But it must wait until September... now to keep it clean until then!

2 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

""Such the girlie girl, it's fun to watch her jostle around in the dirt with the dogs wearing her cute country dresses.""

It took me a while to figure out what you were saying here. At first I read this thinking the dogs were wearing your daughter's dresses. Lol. And I haven't been drinking today! lol

The dress you made is very sweet. I don't see anything wrong with it. Good for you for entering it in the fair. You've already got a blue ribbon from me! ;)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

The dress is cute! Buttonholes are a scourge.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter