Friday, August 04, 2006

lughnasad

Lughnasad, or Lammas, marks the first harvest. Usually we celebrate it on the first of August, but it was only this morning I was finally able to get out into the garden. I was greeted by this bounty: yellow crooknecks; brandywine, Italian paste, and green zebra tomatoes; banana pepper; roses, cosmos and daisies. The Goddess is smiling!
And I am smiling too, with this big stack of library books to peruse, and several projects brewing like sweet tea on the burners of my brain. I have bought every ingrediant I need to cook up a veritable Asian feast, and I drool over the pictures in these glossy tomes stuffed with delicious dreams. We had such fun yesterday, zipping from one Japanese market to the next, buying exotic things like dashi, umeboshi, furekaki, and the like.

And the projects? Well, I've entered several things in my county fair as impetus to work on them. I think it will all play out beautifully... the quilt will come last. Yes, I've entered that too (Thanks Laura! You were right) and inspiration is starting to dawn. I just need to start.... cutting.
Because really, as they say, big quilts are nice, but Tiny Patchworks make my life happy every day.

**Japanese craft book stuffed with amazing ideas for wonderful projects and inspiration.

Happy Lammas, y'all.

2 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

wow that's a lot of japanese cuisine! it sounds like you had a very fun day, libraries and shopping for food! fun fun fun!!!

(am I the Laura you are referring to, and if I am,what was I right about?)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Suse said...

Wow, lovely blog! I've forgotten what link I followed to find you, but I'm glad I did.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter