Friday, August 25, 2006

summer rocks!

When you're a star, you're a shining star!

It's been a long, sometimes hot, always interesting summer. I have spent the day first at court, then at school. Both places were hopping and unpredictable. I have a new principal this year, and I couldn't be more tickled. He seems great.

P. #2 starts her new school next Thursday. It's a Montessori preschool and it is wonderful. She is sooooo ready. My observation last week was one of incredibly controlled cayous: 24 preschoolers, noone doing the same thing, yet each one totally absorbed in there activitiy and engaged in active, hands-on learning. I think she'll love it.

The court mess seems to be winding down. Luckily I have angels all around me. Money, kids and living situation will stay intact....for now. And isn't now all we really have?

The fair in Monterey last week was sweet and lovely. Here the Princess talks oh so gently to the cow. "How you doing cow? Do you want to come to my house? OK, I'll ask my Dad."
Mom of course would prefer this specimen. Llamas are fascinating. Calm, cool and nonchalant, they are highly sensitive beings who shun affection while at the same time look so squeezable. When I asked this one to pose, she slowly closed her eyes...."if I can't see you, you aren't really there."
The baby zebra was adorable, sucking like a vacuum with her tail spinning 90 miles an hour. Sil just returned from Africa and has much better pictures than this one...
Another hungry baby shot. Synchronized nursing! All you moms with twins can relate I guess! Like my midwife says, "All women are equipped for twins!"

At this point, the fatal fish incident occured. Therefore I have no evidence of the knitting, spinning, quilting, vegetable and feasting (everything fried!) part of the fair. But I guess there's always next year.

The camera has been sent out for repairs. ETA: three looooong weeks. Meanwhile I'll be posting all those OLD pictures that didn't make the cut before....stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

what wonderful photos! i love the pic of your little girl. Peace Dude! She rocks! and that nail polish, oh she couldn't be any cuter!!

You saw a Llama too!! Hooray for llamas!! You have to look for the llama song, it's contagious. :D

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LLAMA! I feel at home... You should get one, that'd be pretty darn cool.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter