Tuesday, August 01, 2006

when did this happen?

My little girl is getting SO BIG. She can reach the sink without a chair. She can go on the train ride without an adult. And you should see her climb OVER the gate to play with her goat friends. When did she get so fearless?

She can make her bed, and fetch things from the refrigerator. She helps feed the animals. But she still makes messes faster than I can clean them up! Yesterday we made homemade playdough. It looks, smells and feels so much nicer than the store bought kind.
She spent the rest of the day in the kitchen, cooking up playdough treats and offering them to me. I thrifted the little kitchen for $3 - it makes realistic boiling noises when you turn the stove handles. This girl has more kitchen equipment than Chez Panisse.

Warning: closer examination of this picture may reveal my laundry in the background. Eckg!
And speaking of piles, I have a few going next the sewing machine. I spent a goodly amount of time hemming fat quarters into napkins recently. I think it's fun to have mismatched cute napkins - everyone can choose theirs for the week. I have moved my studio downstairs; even after tidying up the mess in the girls' room, it just wasn't really feeling, well, inspiring up there. Downstairs is cooler, the light is better, and I can multitask - cook AND sew!

Summer bliss. Until dinner time and I have to move it all off the table...

2 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

what an awesome table!!
3 bucks for a kitchen set! you are the thrift queen!
fat quarter napkins, how cute.
i love that basket on the table holding projects.
i didnt see any laundry in the background.

2:59 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

ps - i remember those signs at amusement parks so well. i was always too short for some rides.
your baby is growing, hug her fast and hug her tight.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter