Monday, August 21, 2006

the culprit

Miracles do happen! No, I haven't replaced the camera... yet. But this morning I wondered if I could download the pictures I took this weekend, even though I can't see them on the camera's little screen. And, wa la!

Don't let that innocent looking rubber fish fool you. Four tablespoons of water can do a LOT of damage. But he was fun while he lasted. More fair pictures to come another day.
This is way more important. My Happy Birthday Pal sent me the most wonderful package of goodies. Clockwise from the upper left: A Greetings from Chicago card (Tamara's from there); a gorgeous skein of Hand Maiden's 2 Ply Silk Cashmere (socks? fingerless gloves?); green glass buttons from Moving Mud, next to their cute packaging; a handmade tassel; a package of cool gift tags; and the perfect card with matching bookmark: "Longevity noodles: eat long noodles, live long life." Ramen of eternal youth!

I can't say thank you enough, Tamara! You're the best!
And finally, a Finished Object! The completed cross stitch, badly in need of ironing. The plan is to make this part of the outside pocket on a tote bag, somehow. I have so much fabric, so many ideas.... and all I really want to do is cast on for some socks! (Ssshhhh!)

I guess it's good news on the knitting front that I feel ready to move on from dishcloth land.

Now I'm off to a hot bath, since I'm still recovering from a marathon birthday!

















2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

That little fish? Did all the damage? (okay, the water). Bad fish. What a cutiepie! (not the fish).

Nice birthday presents!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Suse said...

I love your little girl's top. And the yarn. I'm currently addicted to sock knitting ...

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter