Sunday, October 04, 2009

dark leafy greens


Little P. models my latest creations.  I call them the Dark Leafy Greens Gloves.  They are my own design, based loosely on several different patterns.  There is something satisfying about knitting a 3 x 3 ribbing pattern.

The yarn is from Ireland; my Kindergarten partner, L., asked me what I wanted when she went for New Year's last year.  The story goes that the yarn shop was closed, but when the little old owner saw my friend peering in the window, he let her in and gave her a personal tour.  Then he picked this out for her as an example of the perfect Irish yarn.  It is a chard colored, scratchy, kinda sheepy, and VERY warm.

These were done mostly during horsey girl's water polo games.  They are a little snug, and one is longer than the other, but I don't care.  It's just so good to be knitting again.

I still got it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, you still do "have it" , lol! Great Job Kat and so lucky to get some authentic yarn from the Emerald Isle!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter