Wednesday, September 30, 2009

more in the garden


Here's an average afternoon harvest.... I have finally pulled out the squash plants, they were dry and sprawling, leaves as big across as my arm.  Now the bed is ready for more chard, kale, lettuce and hopefully broccoli.  These are currently sprouting on my deck.

I still love the marigolds, glowing like real gold and growing strong.


This sunflower was the sentry of the garden this year.  From here it looks as tall as the house!  I believe it was easily 15 feet... drooping now, dripping seeds to the delight of the birds.


Here's my favorite pic. It's currently my laptop's desktop (try it!) Can you see the bees?

Little P. got her Halloween costume at Goodwill today.  She will be a little witch (snagged a black and glittery dress and hat for only $10).  At her request I will be the mama witch.

Did you notice three pictures in a row this time?  Prayers work, people!

So many pictures, thoughts, impressions.... I love my little blog.  Updating every day has become something to look forward to.  Love to all!

3 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

woo hoo! 3 pictures in one post! one might think it's christmas, such a gift as that! :)

Yayy for thrifted costumes! I'm heading to the goodwill here next week to scour clothing for a costume for A. I hope I have success! :)

4:34 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Look at the bountiful basket - Yumm!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Love the sunflowers and I agree with you about the fern plant. I'll have to upload some pics of my SIL's fish tanks, now residing in my living room. :)

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter