Wednesday, July 15, 2009

and then her head exploded


I thought you might enjoy seeing my CSA box load from last week.  It was so fantastic that I ordered another one yesterday.  Yes, I ate (and juiced) it ALL.  There was squash, carrots, beets, beans, radishes, six heads of lettuce, fennel, kale, spinach, potatoes, onions, chervil, basil, and huge bunch of sunflowers and (eaten on the way home) two baskets of the most delicious strawberries EVER.

Guess how much?  (wait for it)      $25.00!

Now you see why I'm getting another one.  I feel as if I've found the end of a rainbow...


Some things, like the delicious buttercrunch lettuce, were torn up and devoured.  Other pieces went into the juice.  I've had 16 oz if fresh juice every day this week (sometimes more).


It tasted as beautiful as it looks.... a rainbow cocktail of minerals and enzymes!


I used the huge bunch of basil and some of the spinach to make pesto.  I have so much basil!  It's great to use it like this.... simple and fresh on flax crackers or (squash) pasta, or tossed with roasted root vegetables!  Mmmmm summer...


The kitchen goddesses smile.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Those veggies look absolutely lovely, and what a great price! :)

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter