Thursday, April 09, 2009

underwhelmed


Where did Spring Break go?  I am underwhelmed at my productivity this week.  I have always been a procrastinator, but this is ridiculous.  It's like my mind can't get past the immediate:  filthy floor, dirty dishes, piles of crap everywhere, the freezing grey drizzle on the deck (if I could only work outside!), the constant constant CONSTANT interruptions of my darling six year old.


The reality is this:  I have a 27 page thesis draft due in less than two weeks.  I have other assignments for my online class as well, including an 18 page literature review.  And I have writer's block.  Oh boy, do I ever.


It's not that I don't know my subject.  It's not that I'm not a good writer (at least I thought I was before this semester).  I need incentives.  I need a plan.  I need rituals.  I need a wife!


Does anyone out there have any good suggestions for getting started?  I just need to get started.  It doesn't have to be perfect.  It just needs to get done.  I feel frozen in time... I feel discouraged, lethargic, and a little resentful.  I want to blame everyone else for my own imagined incompetence.


I know my subject.  I know what I have to do.  And I just want to run away.....

I even bought my cap, gown and hood this week, just as a little teaser.  The end is near.  I can do this.  And when I am done, I am going party like there's no tomorrow.  Chin up, nose down, just sit down and start, let it flow.....pray for me.....

Pictures taken around the SJSU campus.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Katherine Davis said...

Procrastination isn’t all bad when doing a hard task. It would help the mind and body be rested and refreshed. It would be a big thesis help desk for people who are finding it hard to write their academic paper when spring break comes.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter