Saturday, February 21, 2009

frustration


While I should be enjoying a well-deserved break, I am instead stressing out about school.  Here's the mountain view from our Waikiki condo.  It's been cloudy, but 80 degrees.  My instructor says I'm "completely off base" on my thesis outline, and I've been having nightmares every single night since we left on Wednesday.


It's not fair!  Here I am in paradise and can't let my hair all the way down.  Instead I'm getting up at 6 a.m. every morning and hitting the laptop, emailing and revising and downloading and researching until my fingers are sore and I scream "Enough!" And then I drink some green tea, pull on my swimsuit and head to the beach.

It's also NOT fair that Lil P. has been sick this whole time, with a fever and hacking cough, and has no interest in the beach, just wants to lie on the futon and watch Sponge Bob.


Today was better... we were on the sand by ten, and the sun shone and the water lapped a healing balm on us all.  Little P. made a friend or two, and I managed to forget all the stress of school for a little while.... at least long enough to get a slight tan.

More soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry little P has been ill.. Sydney's got the same bug.. it's going around. I don't know if I can be any help with your Thesis, but I'll do what I can if you like? Just let me know. Hang in there and let the healing waves soothe you!

3:01 AM  
Blogger LauraJ said...

I'm frustrated with winter! Hopefully soon there is an end to all our frustrations! Big hugs to little P. and you as well!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter