Wednesday, April 08, 2009

simple joys


I have always loved the library.  I just love love love books!  I am in trouble right now for spending too much money on them though.  I really don't need every raw food cookbook on the shelf.  But I WANT them.  Anyway, the library is a good alternative to Amazon.  Yesterday Little P. got her very own card!  A milestone.


How adorable is that signature.  Now I just need to convince her to check out books and not just movies!


A few other simple pleasures I'm enjoying:

***A sweet wild turkey hen visits our yard every day
***My daily morning green smoothies (I never miss a day!)
***Early morning chats with Nice Dad, snuggling and connecting
***Trying new raw recipes - some good, some great
***Goddess music on my iPod 
***Warm socks and cozy fires
***Home for Spring Break
***Reading endless articles and working on my thesis (first draft due in two weeks!!)

Just kidding about that last one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ingrid said...

You have company. I love, no adore books and I tease that if you stay in the bookstore long enough you'll probably spot me. LOL!!! The library is a great and affordable alternative to buying every single book you want to read, and I visit fairly often. However, when it come to raw food books, I choose to own them outright and I'm watching it grow into quite a collection.

2:03 PM  
Blogger LauraJ said...

your blog brings me a simple joy. the other day while tidying my computer desk i found a scrap of paper with a sketch of your heart/love quilt with a list of supplies and a design. it was sweet to find that. we never do forget what we put out into the world. there was also a theme or message I had wrote under the design: No matter how shattered or broken our hearts end up in our lives we always manage to mend them and put them back together.

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter