Friday, August 31, 2007

meme


In my recent delirium, I've forgotten who tagged me. But just being tagged feels sooo nice. Here goes, 8 random UP TO THE MINUTE things about me.

1. I have a HUGE crush on my new principal. She is a cowgirl and drives a big, red truck. She dresses like a boy but she has the cutest smile. And she is whip smart. It's really made a big difference at work...like my best friend says, work is my paid vacation!

2. I am having a surge in libido. Call is kundalini, call it the result of amazing bodywork (thanks David!), or call it plain ole' hormones, I am ready to go 24 / 7 of late.

3. I believe in past lives, and I get glimpses of who I was before this lifetime fairly regularly.

4. Faeries are talking to me lately. I gave up my walks in the woods willingly a couple of times because every tree, rock and bush became a kind of living being who wanted to give me a message. Should I relax and listen? It feels unsettling.

5. I could have chosen many paths, but mother is what I am, and I embrace it the best I can. I am working on remembering to honor the other parts of Self as well: lover, priestess, friend, champion of the earth.

6. My first spiritual path was through Self Realization Fellowship. I took correspondence courses for over a year, following the guidelines for meditation and at one point, wrote a personal letter to the nuns there for help and guidance around my (first) crumbling marriage (I still have her kind response: pray for him). That was 16 years ago; Paramahansa Yogananda (Divine Swan) remains my true guru to this day.

7. My spiritual path currently is twofold: yoga - meditation - journaling - therapy - bodywork, and good ole' rockin' ritual Pagan majick. Since Shekhinah's passing the sacred circle has stirred to form again.

8. I marvel at the evolution of this blog, and sincerely honor my original crafty fiber arts friends with a little tiny apology for not writing about knitting, spinning or crafts. But hey, winter is coming.

3 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

i like the spiritual side of your postings lately. i'm trying to find me and what brings others happiness helps to guide me in my path to my spiritual awakening.

6:42 PM  
Blogger zoe krylova said...

thanks for participating in the meme!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Connie Peterson said...

I was unable to read or respond to your earlier posts until now. I am truly sorry about your break-up. I hope that you will be able to grow out of this sorrow and move on.

Faeries talking to you? How very cool! Stop and listen!!!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter