Tuesday, August 14, 2007

growth


The key to your happiness and contentment lies within you, within your own heart and mind.

The way you start each day is very important; you can start off on the right foot or on the wrong one....

...You are responsible for what today will bring, and knowing it gives you an even greater responsibility than those souls who are not aware of it and therefore know know better. You cannot blame your state of mind on anyone else. It all rests with you......"

- Eileen Caddy, The Spirit of Findhorn


I have indeed been shocked into stillness and surrendor lately. Above you see the altar I built in Maui to contain a little magic I stirred up. Not a great container, but pretty to see.


In my virtual circle this week, I am being asked: What growth opportunities knock at the oor of your heart?

I think the answer lies within the wisdom of age. I have an opportunity to lead a more examined life. To see situations in light of the past, what I tried, what I should have done. Punctuated by really examining things through the window of my heart.


It's amazing what you notice when you are really in the moment. I am practicing my breathing, my focus, and my groundedness (feeling contact with the earth). Powerful, unexpected events are surfacing, and I am looking deeply into the interior of my inner life.


Today I helped bury one of my earliest and most important teachers, Shekhinah Mountainwater. I am filled with grief at my loss, and ecstacy for her new journey. She went peacefully off in her Green Barge (eco-conscious coffin) under an oak tree. It was a sacred connection, I encourage all of you on your path to visit and explore Shekhinah's world.

(I pocketed some of her graveyard dirt just in case.)

Blessed be, sister.

4 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Every life experience we go through is an oppurtunity for growth. We may not grow while in the experience but perhaps weeks or months afterwards but we grow nonetheless and we are more wiser for it.
I copied the excerpt into a journal that I keep when I see something I need to understand, learn and absorb.
Through your growth I am growing as well. Big big hugs and love for your grief.
I aspire to be as spiritually content as you. Your altars are always beautiful!

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

What a beautiful tribute you have made for your teacher, along with an understanding that her journey continues...I loved reading about her...it was a shrine until itself...I especially enjoyed the poetry about trees. Thanks for sharing the beauty of this woman...

2:34 PM  
Blogger Kim Campbell said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for posting the link to her site. It is beautiful and I cannot wait to devour every word.
Blessed Be

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter