Wednesday, August 15, 2007

202


That's right, this is my 202nd post. That means the 200th one was "maui". Yay for me!

Blogging is the strongest form of creativity coming through now, besides journaling. I did begin a juveline stitchery project (dolphins) on the trip, but really only devoted one morning to it and it's not picture worthy yet. The only other creative thing was lei making....the piles of orchids were an orgasmic experience. I wanted to roll around in them.


One could include photography I suppose. I enjoyed capturing majickal moments with the spirits of the land. Children led me to discover this fellow...


...and this red fish was at the Maui Ocean Center. As P. #2 once said, tranced out by the aquarium scene: " *sigh*...I wish I were a fish..."


Me, I'd rather come back as a spray of orchids. Bloom, perfume, fade, sweat, bloom again...

I was blessed with free leis (read: abandoned) throughout the week. Lush, fragrant, healing flowers are wonderful allies. I found a pikaki lei (angel's breath scent!) and then later, some I think were forgotten by a bride: ti leaves twisted and punctuated by white orchids, and a full, heavily fragrant all - white orchid string that felt like a body halo.

Flowers really heal me, and I am so greatful for this awareness.

3 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Happy 202! Flowers are gorgeous, just like you!
I like the fish story. I want to be a fish too and then me and your daughter could play fishy games together! :D

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 202 and Happy Birthday!

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohhh it's your birthday. Happy Birthday.

I love the orchids, so vibrant and rich in colour. I can understand why you want to roll around in them... I would join you.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter