Thursday, July 26, 2007

midsummer altar


Amidst the busy - ness of this particual summer, it's nice to stop and reflect in the quiet pool that is my altar. Here I focus on calming images that contribute to inner peace, even as the outside world swirls and heaves and crashes around me. Mary, framed by her namesake roses, and her sister of compassion, Quan Yin, both gaze into their own crystal pools (candle holders from my own sister.) In front, a found shell, a homemade felt ball, and that vial of love herbs awaiting oil and a night under the full moon.


From the left: orange blossom water, for clearing space. Green cauldron of sage and a thrifted bird (these seem to be multiplying!). Rose quartz candle holder to complete the trilogy. In front: a luggage tag, awaiting my next adventure (hint: it's Hawaiian print!). Mojo bag, and five apricots from our very heavy tree.


Gazing at my altar brings me peace, and creates gratitude in my heart for all things sacred. What does abundance mean to me? Inner peace, being able to make choices with a clear conscience, knowing in my heart that I am responsible for myself alone. Understanding that every new day is a gift, and every minute an opportunity to love. Feeling deep within that I am doing the best I can at all times. Loving myself and staying open to the presents the universe is sending me...for the universe is indeed abundant, and we are but a reflection of her...stay in the moment, and all will be revealed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Connie Peterson said...

I love your altar ... very simple and beautiful. Refreshing to just look at the picture of it!

Blessings

10:01 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I feel the peace from your altar all the way here in Idaho...My favorite is the child grasping for the star...what a great attitude of taking responsibility for your own happiness...loved this inspiring post!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your alter is so lovely and the Melissa Harris print is gorgeous above it.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter