Monday, August 13, 2007

maui


I have been in Maui for nine days. This trip was exhilerating, grounding, exciting and interesting. I learned a lot about myself. I remembered things that were important to me. Like swimming in warm water.


Ulua beach, on the South side of Maui, is a gentle curve with velvety soft sand and lilting surf. I sun toasted myself while immersed in Amy Tan, then bailed into the perfect water to cool off. Float, emerge, repeat.


On our last day, we snorkeled along the reef, seeing the most amazing fish and coral, anemones (my favorite word) and urchins. I only felt scared if I imagined a shark emerging from the murky depths.


I was lazy, sensual, thoughtful, quiet, and serene, like a good lioness. Now re-entry has begun, so bear with me as I slowly unfold the story so as not to dissipate the magic too soon....

...stay tuned for more...

4 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

that first picture is just beautiful. if i close my eyes i can imagine i was there too.

12:36 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

ps--it makes a year since our swap...we must do another!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hawaii looks beautiful! I hope your re-entry is smooth.
Anemone is one of my favorite words too. I like how it is a flower and a sea creature. That and it is fun to say.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I'm so jealous! What a gorgeous way to finish your summer before you begin your year!

Thanks for visiting me...it's fun to find like fellows of kindy...Don't you agree the first 3 weeks are the hardest? It is the grade that I've come to love because they teach you so much of what it important in life...have a great year.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter