Saturday, June 30, 2007

all the rage


Seems like everybody is doing the granny square thing, so I thought I'd flash mine. I'm so happy with these colors...especially the brown border. Black would have been too harsh. And that lighter green just matches the walls of our bedroom.


Making one of these is a monumental task. The fun part is choosing the colors, then laying them out in a pleasing way. What a great way to use up your stash! Most of these squares are one color, but a few incude two or a variegated yarn. This afghan covers our queen sized bed nicely, and is wonderful to snuggle under - not too heavy, soft not scratchy. I'm so lucky to have it...


...and I never lifted a hook.

My favorite summer thrift store find so far. Now I'm in with the "in crowd!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Connie Peterson said...

Do you mean to say you found this? Not a stitch of work on it? How fortunate! And how lovely!

Blessings

8:15 AM  
Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I am working on one with yo-yos. I hope it's ready before the next century (I am very slow) LOL

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter