Wednesday, July 04, 2007

mad about saffron

While dh was camping last week, we decided to surprise him with a little change - a - roo. I had never been satisfied with the way our living room looked. Maybe it's because it's not really a room - more like a big space in the center of our house. No matter how the furniture was arranged, it never felt cosy or comfortable. So for a few weeks I had been fantasizing about painting the one flat wall available. And of course it wasn't going to be pastel. I love color!


The painting was done by dh in Ireland as a gift to me. Our furniture is large and bulky, but somehow the intense wall and the rug grounded the area and made it more roomlike. I hauled the blue chair down from upstairs because there never seemed to be enough seats for more than three people. Lots of pillows and blankets cozied up the space. The whole arrangement was swung around to face a different wall, where I put the TV (okay, I have teenagers!) But with ample lighting it's a great place to curl up with a book - ahem, I mean knitting.

Then I held my breath. Thankfully, dh was in a cozy space himself from his camping experience, so I honestly thing the wall could have been black for all he cared. Victory! (I had agreed to repaint if he hated it.)


Observe Horsey Girl, assuming the Summer position. Never mind it's 90 degress and gorgeous outside. This angle reveals the clutter lining up the back wall...recycle baskets, dollhouse, shoe shelf, chinchilla cage...oops, more on that later.

The color goes through various intensities depending on the time of day, but never (so far) what you would call mellow yellow. So far, so good. I am satisfied.



4 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

i like your mellow yellow wall. all fits together nicely.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEy it looks great! I always knew there needed to be more color in that dome.mellow yellow with the hot red kitchen purrfect!
It was fun to party on the 4th!
hope to see your wall in person soon!
Love and keep on bloggen!
Aloha Raga

10:24 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I love the color!

6:29 AM  
Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love it! Bravo!
And also the bag for your mil ;-)

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter