Sunday, July 08, 2007

present for grandma


In an attempt to keep my brain busy and off obsessing about problems (sorry!), I made this bag for my sweet mil. It's her birthday next week.

There's some of that Hawaiian fabric I got last year. The photo was printed on June Tailor's Colorfast Sew-In Inkjet Fabric Sheet. I love this product! It is so easy to use and works beautifully. I got mine at Beverly's...this is the second successful project I've finished with it (the first was a tank top for my sil - forgot to take a picture though) I find these photo fabric projects are just perfect for family presents.

No measuring or fussing around with a pattern here - just piecing it together, eyeballing the proportions, and making it look right. It was a nice creative flow that took about 4 hours.


My favorite part is the inside. This is thrifted (99 cents) fishy print fabric. I made two ginormous pockets inside. I think this bag will be perfect for beach essentials. Really it's my insurance for us all returning to Hawaii together every year! It's been such a wonderful ritual.

Fishing for comments!

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie Peterson said...

Lovely bag .... she will love it. And I hope you CAN go back to Hawaii.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter