Monday, June 18, 2007

sweet


Check out my last post for the "before." A trip to Target produced the perfect stainless steel lazy susan, and I got to throw out my (second) crappy broken plastic one. In the foreground: a cup of Yerba Mate brewing...


...because I got this lovely box in the mail. My Knitter's Tea Pal, Cassie, sent me the most wonderful package. The tea! The fibery goodness! It was all so wonderfully sweet.



Sock yarn in a mellow lichen color. The fiber is tencel/merino in the colorway "mudcloth". It's from Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks, in Willits...I passed that town on my way to Camp! It's really shiny and ropy, looks like an interesting spin.



These crunchy candied walnuts are heaven on salad with feta cheese and dried cranberries. I love salty and sweet!


Along with the Yerba Mate, Cassie sent some deliciously refreshing green mint blend. I used my new tea strainer to make a big pitcher, which I then let cool down, added honey, and drank over ice. Wow! Thank you so much Cassie. You are a sweet pal. Hope you are enjoying California!


And to round out the swap theme, Simmy's books arrived this week as well. These books are perfect for paging through while lounging on the deck with my iced tea. Looks like summer is here folks!

Simmy, I'm so glad to make a special connection with you. I ran across your Waldorf doll tutorial while cleaning - printed out and tucked away many months ago. Thank you for your presents, and your presence!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Aurora for that lovely comment - I'm deeply touched.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Cass said...

I'm so glad you liked all of it. I'm awaiting my package with impatience. I can't wait to see what you chose.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter