Saturday, March 24, 2007

spring things

Witness a miracle: the orchid given to me for my birthday has bloomed again...never mind that this is the only one out of five blossoms to open. This tiny lion face is lighting up the corner of my room for a second time this year.

Inspired by the overpriced fare at a certain coffee chain, I set out to reproduce their lemon scones. Made all the more delicious since I didn't have to go anywhere to eat them...except back to bed of course. These are several times larger than their mass produced counterparts. Just add coffee and some new magazines and the world is all right.

We celebrated Ostara last week as a family, conducting a simple ritual picnic style on the floor. We planted seeds infused with wishes for what we want to grow in our lives...then decorated eggs from our prolific hens, drawing on symbols and designs to represent things we want to integrate. These we ate, with mindfulness, for breakfast.

The outer and the inner made manifest. Sweet times shared with intention. It all feels right.

4 Comments:

Blogger A Margarita said...

Hola! Blogger has that nifty little "Next Blog" button at the top of the screem. Whenever I'm bored at work (just about every day), I blog surf. I stumbled upon yours and decided to comment, since I too know the evil power of the GRE and procrastination.

I'm sure you did fabulous!

(The vanilla scented candle actually turned out to be lilac, which was quite surprising since it SMELLS like vanilla when it's not burning.)

11:23 AM  
Blogger zoe krylova said...

wonderful! happy belated ostara! i love the ritual you put together and how special that the eggs are from your very own hens.sr

11:26 AM  
Blogger zoe krylova said...

oops, i'm typo queen lately. the sr at the end of the last comment was not intentional!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Connie Peterson said...

And a recipe for the lemon scones would be wonderful, thank you!

Happy Ostara!! I enjoyed the picture of your decorated eggs. We are going to celebrate Ostara / Easter with our grandchildren (christian) so I am holding my celebrations until then and will have private ones at the same time while I hold my granddaughters in my arms.

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter