Monday, March 12, 2007

hot

My Goddess, it was HOT here today. Low to mid eighties, to be exact. I've been enjoying these wonderful oranges that our neighbor has been bringing by regularly. His girlfriend has a tree in San Jose. Usually I juice them on the weekends, but today called for fresh squeezed juice mixed with sparkling water and ICE - lots of ice.

The yarn is something I call my First Attempt at Bulky. I'm starting to play around a little more with thicknesses now while I spin. I see commercial yarn with new eyes, always trying to size it up and see if I could recreate it. This hank is very, very loosely plied, and if I did it again, I wouldn't ply it at all, because it really didn't need it. But I like plying, it's fun.

The roving was a mystery wad given to me by the friend with the broken wheel. I think the color is pretty exciting. I gave this yarn to her last week....she is an excellent knitter and felter.

Speaking of recreating....someone out there can certainly help me. This is a dishcloth I found in B's dryer on our recent stay, and I'm dying to make one. I know, I know, it's cinchy, right? But reconsider my ineptitude, coupled by the fact I've never made my own pattern. How was this done? I know it's just garter stitch, and the holes around the edges are probably yarnovers. Can I figure out the rest (stitch count, etc.) just by the photo?

If you can help me, please comment! Thanks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Connie Peterson said...

I love your orange!!!! So soft looking!!

It's "hot" here, too! 44ยบ and sunny - after being so cold for so long! We are losing our snow!

I sent your link to my daughter, who might be able to help you figure out that heart pattern. It looks lovely!!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

about the dishcloth......was it you who ages ago posted the link to simple garter stitch dishcloth with little holes all around the edge? knit on angle. this would work on an angle too otherwise graph it out. i think the holes would be knitted knit one, slip one, yarn over. i think because it is garter stitch you would only ever decrease once on each row. now i am raving and know tonight that i will sit down in front of tv when those children are tucked away and work it out because its so pretty and i want one too! i'll let you know what happens!
the orange wool is gorgeous, btw!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I think I have that dishcloth pattern! I have a booklet that has nothing but heart dishcloth patterns that I picked up at Michaels a while back. I'll see if I can dig it out tomorrow to see if it's the same ;)

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter