Monday, February 19, 2007

good luck presents

My last (*sigh*) Secret Pal package arrived just in time for Chinese New Year. I spent some time admiring these wonderful stamps before tearing in.

My pal outdid herself, as usual. Chinese silk, in the form of a kimono shaped wine bottle cover, a soft sculpture tray, a little zippered purse and an elegant drawstring pouch containing a padded compact. So lovely and elegant...I love pretty accessories.

The Japanese magazine contains wonderful crafting ideas, adding to my list of want - to - do's. It combines sewing, knitting, even some paper crafts..neat stuff to do with the kids, too.

And the icing on the cake? Luscious strawberry ice cream colored yarn...fingering weight handspun Rowan, enough for a sizable project. I'm thinking about a sweater for the little P....does anyone know any good, simple jersey patterns for preschoolers?

Thank you, Chooi Wah. Happy, happy New Year of the Golden Boar to you and your husband. I have truly enjoyed my second Secret Pal round, all in thanks to you and your thoughtfulness. And imagine my surprise to find out your identity: the author of one of my favorite blogs, Pretty Knit. I have been reading you for months, never guessing who you were.

I call that good luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

swaps are so much fun!! you really got spoiled!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

I'm so glad that you had such a great secret pal for the swap! What lovely gifts for such a lovely person!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like all the goodies that I pick for you.. enjoy!!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter