Sunday, February 18, 2007

kinder art

Painted and stitched mittens. Poem on the back reads: "Thumbs in the thumb's place, fingers all together. This is how we warm our hands in frosty mitten weather." Not like the California kids I teach have a clue what that is...but anyway.

I love these torn paper snowmen. Each one has a unique personality, like it's creator. Tearing paper is not easy for most five year old's. They stuck with it like troopers. This makes a nice display above the classroom sink.

I know it's a little late, but I had to flash our Valentine mailboxes...just a simple shoebox, some construction paper and stickers, and voila! The better to deliver our sweet somethings.

I love my job.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I love Kinder Art! Kids just have so much fun enjoying the process!

I remember Nick once brought home a painting to me. He only used blue paint for the entire painting. Of course, I admired it, and then asked him to help me see what the painting was........

his response? A blue sailboat on the ocean!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Bean said...

Those mailboxes are SO great! I think it would be cool to make that at home to send little notes back and forth in! I don't think constant reminders of how much we love our kids, can ever grow old! My girls never tire of hearing it!!

8:02 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

crafts of any kind are so sweet! thanks so much for sharing!

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter