Friday, March 23, 2007

i hate math

Directions: For each of the following questions, select the best of the answer choices given.

1. What is the most important first step to preparing for the GRE?
a) Wishing you had started sooner
b) Taking the day before the test off to cram
c) Clearing off the table, finding a pretty cloth and arranging an artistic centerpiece "so I can concentrate"
d) Make some really strong coffee

2. What would you rather be doing today?
a) Turning back time to 9th grade geometry and actually doing the work
b) Anything that doesn't involve being indoors
c) Reading the three magazines I bought yesterday instead of the phone book sized test prep I got at the library
d) Getting better than an average 75% on the sample math portion

3. How will your GRE score effect the chance of being accepted to your graduate program?
a) They will need to ignore my math score
b) The GRE is just a tiny portion of the qualification and is a terrible reflection of my overall abilities
c) I'll need to light some candles before and after the test
d) I can always take it again (but only five times this year - drat!)

4. Why are you on the computer instead of at your table studying?
a) I feel guilty about my lack of blog posts and don't want to let (all two) of my readers down
b) Blogging is my cheapest and most immediate therapy
c) At least this makes me feel competent
d) I am the world's best procrastinator

I'm trying everything....bribes, prayers, panic, nonchalance, tea, denial...I just don't feel good about this test. I'm a good writer, I can think logically, make analogies, and effectively manage nineteen five to six year olds, but can I pass the GRE? Nervous, I'm very very nervous.

Please light a candle for me tomorrow at 1:00 PST. I'd appreciate it.

6 Comments:

Blogger A Margarita said...

Good Luck! I'll light a vanilla scented candle for you.

12:27 PM  
Blogger zoe krylova said...

good luck. i work in a graduate department and sympathize completely. just keep in mind, you will win them over with your writing sample! also, thanks for your comment on my blog. it's lead me to yours, yet another inspriring mama blog, and a tarot reader to boot! i'c added the link!

7:18 PM  
Blogger pomo housewife said...

My Housewives' Tarot gave the Four of Cups. Perhaps you need to change your study routine dramatically.

7:21 PM  
Blogger pomo housewife said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:22 PM  
Blogger pomo housewife said...

argh, can't edit posts. I forgot to add, Good Luck !!!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Hang in there! You'll get through it, and probably do better than you expect! Good luck!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter