Monday, February 26, 2007

happy / sad

Happy: New sock yarn. Beautifully painted purchase from Stitches West last Friday. Cute face painted by little P. just happens to match.

Sad: I am drowning in debt (due to court) and cannot see an end in sight.

Happy: More gorgeous sock yarn. Never mind that I haven't finished knitting up what I got there LAST year. This green makes me want to dance naked.

Sad: Court again in April. Ex does not want to compromise and seems determined to make me bankrupt, all the while being seven months behind on child support.

Happy: New roving for my new addiction. 100% merino, colorway: forest (what else?!)

Sad: Feeling blue, eating way too much, can't fit in my walks anymore....constant rain.

Happy: P. #1 wants to go to art school, hence the last two paintings. I am encouraging her (after all, my bachelor's is in art.) I love the misty look in this girl's eyes...snuggling up to even more fibery love...Corriedale in blue/green (an uninspired name for something downright organic...any suggestions?!) I will be getting more of this - think: sweater. Already planning my first real project, from sheep to me.

Sad: Never enough time to spin. Come home, feel exhausted, do the minimum (cook, clean, prep for the next day), wash, rinse, repeat.

Happy: Oh yeah, more sock yarn. Think: moss, lichen, forest floor. Downright squeezable, and smells good too....kinda....sheepy.

Sad: One lonely mushroom sock, waiting for me to birth her sister. Trying to conjure up the motivation to manifest.

Thanks for listening.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I do not live your life, I can only imagine what kids and an ex-husband are like.
I do know that I have learned a very important lesson this past year: you must make time for your creative work everyday.
You are too precious not give yourself that little bit, whether it is cathartic or comforting. Just to get through the day, to have something to look forward to.

Your Stitches goods are beautiful!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Big Hugs!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Connie Peterson said...

I am so sorry for your sadness and hope that all works out well to make ALL of your day happy. You have some lovely yarn to sooth your soul, though. Find even five minutes to spin and sooth your soul even more!

7:38 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

how lovely the yarn next to the paintings.

i wish for your sadness to go away.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter