Wednesday, February 28, 2007

beauty

OK, I'm all done whining now. Who can be depressed when they wake up to this? Scenes like the one above (the view from our front deck) make me feel like the luckiest woman alive...this is why I live in the mountains, and always will.

We were so excited when it started to snow yesterday on our way back from school. My trusty (very un-green) Landcruiser (named Denys) got us home safe and sound. Fire up the wood stove, bake up some homemade macaroni and cheese, snuggle up with your sweetie under a cozy blanket and watch the humongous flakes come down.

I love to have tea at my iron garden table, but not this morning, thank you! Brrrrrrr....

Luckily our fruit trees have not bloomed yet (unlike the ones I see down in town)...the right one is a nectarine that has never beared fruit, but I keep my hopes up. The little golden delicious, a housewarming present, we keep enclosed against the hungy deer. The patterns the snow make are breathtaking, the light exquisite.

Of course we probably don't need enclosures since we have such efficient guards. In fact, we don't see many animals close to the house due to our trusty dogs. Lucy enjoys any kind of weather, and is always up for a romp, snow or no. The snow does tend to make them wacky however...they were up before dawn, running circles through the powder and making a joyful noise.

The Goddess has truly blessed our home...the snow was like a balm, the sun a loving beacon. I'm sure it will be melted again by the time I arrive back tonight, but I am thankful for this reminder: count your blessings, they are many.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Nothing like a wonderful snowfall to perk you up! I used to make myself a cup of tea, pick up a project and sit next to the window so I could watch the fat flakes drift downward..... so peaceful and serene! You are one lucky woman and making me want my own spot on the mountain!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful home!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there!!, i love snow..I dream of one day I could have a country home like yours.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter