Thursday, February 08, 2007

you knew it was coming


I've been tagged for the six weird things meme by my sweet supercyber sis, Sylvie.

I'm not sure these are weird enough, but here goes.

1. I have my navel pierced, but it's pretty likely you will never see it. I am too old to flaunt it any more, but I love having it still, because piercings are really really intriguing to me. The other Kindergarten teacher here has her tongue pierced. I think it's cool.

2. I cannot tolerate dead things, meaning, I cannot touch a dead animal comfortably (forget people). Dh forces me to deal with it myself and refuses to bail me out of chores such as burying the dead chicken that the puppy at the head off of. This causes me a lot of stress.

3. I love how almonds smell, but eating marzipan makes me gag.

4. I now have, as an adult, everything that I dreamed of having as a child: a pretty house in the country, lots of animals, and I'm a teacher. I bet I should be happier, somehow.

5. I was in 4-H for ten years, and came very close to winning the state award for Dress Review twice. I cried into my pillow very hard when I lost the second (and final) time. I was nineteen. I forget to remember that this was my introduction to the love of making things, and the beginning of losing my taste for competition. Which leads me to....

6. Though there is talk around the craft blog world that people ripping off your ideas should be a federal offense, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Personally I think these people sound a smidge self important. It's not like people are going to stop reading your blog, you know. There, I've said it.

Pardon the lack of posts, we have been in a state of deep grief...our little black kitty got sick and very quickly declined....we put her to sleep on Tuesday morning after trying everything we could. Now she is gone forever.

I am thankful to this blog for being a kind of living memorial. What is remembered, lives.




3 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Aww bless all of your hearts. Poor little black Kitty. May you hear her purring in the wind.

I agree with the oh-my-goodness-someone-took-MY-ideas thought you shared. Ideas don't always come from oneself, they see something and try to emulate it. You gonna harp my butt for being inspired by your crazy quilt? Oh the horror! People need to get over themselves. Think of the copying as a compliment.

I got an ATC in the mail yesterday. Not just ANY ATC but a Pinkilicious ATC! Thank you so very much, it's very sweet. I do like it!

Weird thing: Don't come over I like to watch horror movies. Lots of dead things in them too. :-P

Hugs ans love~LauraJ

12:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am very sorry to hear about your kitty.

I would also like to give an "Amen Sister" to the complaining about the stealing of ideas. I had assumed that craft blogs were about sharing work and ideas to inspire others.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I'm sorry about your kitty. Hugs to you and your family!

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter