Thursday, July 20, 2006

what is this?

Yes, you guessed it. The Box of Crayons quilt in its embryonic stage. See how the colors in the middle kind of moosh together? And the red part isn't really happening. I mean, it's happening, but not happening. So it's been sitting in a pile under the ironing board for awhile while I make stuff like this:
I whipped this up for my Refashionista group. We were challenged to make a bag with unusual materials. I used my old shower curtain, and it's just the ticket for beach and pool. An exciting benefit was how the soap scum lubricated my needle as I sewed. But I digress.
A shot of the inside revealing more of that Hawaiin fabric I've got laying around. I must say I've made quite a dent in that stash. I like the fishy pocket too - a must have for the cell phone and camera. The straps are made from braided strips that I unravelled from a place mat (don't worry Sylvie, I didn't cut them all...)

Are you detecting a theme here?
Stay cool everyone.



1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Hmmm, Soap scum really is good for something huh? I love the idea of the shower curtain bag!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter