Tuesday, July 04, 2006

birthday swap

Isn't this a gorgeous button? I've joined the August Birthday Swap, hostessed by my sweet Secret Pal 7. All the participants have birthdays in August (SP7 and I share the same one! What are the odds?!)

OK, Birthday Pal, if you're reading this, here's my Official Questionnaire:


What day is your birthday?
August 17. The year shall remain nameless.

Are you crafty?
To a fault.

Would you enjoy things like: Buttons, ribbons and embellishments?
Bring 'em on! All of the above.

Do you dye your own wool?
I've had some adventures with Koolaid. Chemicals scare me, but natural dyes intrigue.

Do you like to scrapbook or make homemade cards?
I haven't really tried, but I'd probably enjoy it.

What small project would you be interested in making? Socks, mittens, scarf, hat, baby items, wash cloths, doilies, shrugs etc
Yes, yes, yes and yes! I *heart* socks especially.

What are your favorite scents?
Lemon, almond, rose, coconut.

Do you like stationary and cards?
I have enough, thank you.

Do you like hand lotions or soaps?
I would love some nice soap.

Do you like to sew or embroider items?
Yes on both! Currently obessed with cross stitch and quilting.

Do you like beads?
They're OK. More my kids' domain.

What kind of mail-able snacks do you like to eat?
Oooooooh! Crunchy - salty - sweet. Not a chocoholic, but I love nuts.

Do you like to wear costume jewelry? Necklace, earrings, bracelets etc.
No, unless it could be de-constructed for embellishments.

Do you like to play cards or board games?
More of a wintertime activity.

What are your favorite colors of yarn?
I like clear, bright colors. White is not practical for my lifestyle. Purple and green are my current favorites.

Do you like solid, variegated, heathers, or self stripping yarns?
I love yarns that create patterns, especially for socks.

Do you like kitchen magnets or key rings?
Sure....western themes are fun.

Do you like picture frames?
Um, they're OK, but I'm not big on clutter or things that need dusting.

Do you like to make/or use stitch markers?
Dd makes them, and I have a large stash.

Do you collect anything?
Besides yarn, fiber and fabric? Virgin Mary statues.

Do you have any allergies? Smoke, food, fiber, pets, etc..
No.

Do you have any hobbies?
Knitting, spinning, gardening, cross stitch, quilting, sewing, horses dogs and goats.

Do you like scented or unscented candles?
Both!

Are you a fiber snob?
Why yes, yes I am. I prefer natural fibers and please, no "fun" stuff.

Off to email my Birthday Pal!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you left out running as one of your hobbies ;)

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter