Wednesday, April 12, 2006

nesting

We've been getting ready for Eostar. These are simply toasted coconut mixed with melted chocolate chips, then pressed into nests and filled with jelly beans. Perfect for a late night chocolate craving...lovely in baskets too.
After dying a few eggs, I used the leftover dye to tint some wool I purchased a long time ago at the thrift store. There isn't a whole lot, and I probably should have dyed it all the same color, but I was feeling inspired and I like these two sherbet - y colors together, don't you? I still have one natural colored skein left. It looks like someone's homespun efforts. I steamed it for 45 minutes to set it. It smells vinegary, but I like that smell...it reminds me of Easters past.
I found this picture on P. #2's Magnadoodle shortly before Solstice. I loved it so much I couldn't bear to erase it. It was displayed in my kitchen corner for some time before I hit upon the idea to preserve it forever.

I took a photocopy of it, then used transfer paper to trace it onto a t - shirt. I used three strands of black embroidery thread on a $5.99 khaki colored shirt, referring back to the original for the thick and thin bits.
Today I finally caught him wearing it...we are both on vacation together this week, and it's a rare occasion that I see him in the daytime! Cute, non?

Ah, vacation. Except for the endless rain, we are having a swell time. Fanny is home, snug and warm in her stall. I am so happy to see her from my bedroom window, she nickers softly each time we venture out. Such a sweet pea.

That, along with a stack of library books, a new knitting project (pics later!), and endless time to cook (split pea soup, mushroom quiche, lemon bread, and the aformentioned treats) and we are happy as clams.

2 Comments:

Blogger Green Kitchen said...

I think I must make those nests. So cute.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I love the T shirt idea! I was just thinking I need to decorate some T's. I might use that idea.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter