Wednesday, March 08, 2006

sweetness

Sweetness is this little bunny I stitched from the Japanese felt craft book. She'll be tucked into a bag or quilt (depending on what I have time for) and sent off to a friend's daughter for her sixth birthday. I had to modify the dress a little since it was wayyy too short. I didn't think the vintage lace would work on the bottom but somehow it added to the behemian motif carried by the little embroidered mirror on the front. She seems happiest outside amongst the pots by my front door. Her eyes are the same beads I used for the dangly puppy and cat, and she has felt pen accents here and there.
Sweetness are our new baby chicks. Can't have to many things to nurture, isn't that right ladies. There are actually five all together, one seems to be camera shy here...six minutes after snapping this picture and sitting down to download it, there was a terrific CRASH from upstairs. Seems the Bad Cat knocked the whole cage upside down! Luckily noone was hurt (or crushed from the blow!) but it took some time to clean up the mess, and judging from the noise now they are still processing the ordeal.
Three of these babies are Americanas, one is a Golden Laced Wyndotte, and the black one we forgot to look up, but her name is Zoe.
Sweetness is finally toting a bulletin board home from school to start my inspiration collage. It's been years since I've done this; I used to have one four times this size that I let someone (ahem) talk me into discarding. Anyway, this one serves the purpose quite well and as you can see I had no problem getting started. I seem to have kind of taken over a section of the girls' room upstairs; what once was the homework center has now become my craft-and-contemplation corner, with all my supplies neatly labeled and in view (pictures another day....) They'd rather do their homework at the big table downstairs, bien sur. Here I have some clippings of projects I want to try, ways to organize beautifully, and a little eye candy thrown in for restful interludes. It's just nice to look at.
Sweetness is receiving a package...all the way from London! I "won" this little nest of mohair fiber from Jess awhile back when she was reducing her stash, and it just arrived. The colors are edible and have a silvery sheen. I love the postcard she included with a picture of the Tower of London and a sweet old carthorse in the street. I have a nice little collection of different fibers now, and must pull out my spindle and try my hand at making yarn again.
OK, I saved the best for last....sweetness is having the BEST SECRET PAL IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!! I got the most wonderful package from Arizona. Inside I found this yumminess: a vanilla candle, white tea and a sage green cup, a cute sparkly Princess picture frame wrapped in some really great heart fabric, a travelling dpn case with 4 metal dpn's inside (geez those look tiny!), a flowery photo album, a terrific sock pattern book with many fun patterns AND.......(drum roll) Elizabeth Zimmerman! I had put this book on my list with a secret hope to receive it. It's just as wonderful and funny and inspiring as I had heard it was. I'm halfway through already and have learned many many things about knitting. Being self taught, I find even the basics enlightening sometimes (insert sound of old timers politely stifling coughs)

Thank you doesn't even BEGIN to say it...I'm sending you a big warm cyber-hug, SP7! Wow!

4 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

Oh wow, so much great stuff here. Your bunny is adorable! I definitely need to get an inspiration board going too..

1:54 PM  
Blogger Shell said...

Oooh, there's lots of goodness in this post! Firstly, that little rabbit is so gorgeous - I'm sure the recipient will love it. A pink bunny - what could be sweeter?

I really like your inspiration board - mine has been in the same state for over a year now. It is so cluttered with stuff that I'm scared to approach it - but I love the arrangement and have done for ages, so I'm thinking I'll have to get another and start again!

And mail, who doesn't love a parcel of crafty goodness?

2:35 PM  
Blogger Krawuggl said...

That little bunny is so lovely and cute - I really adore it. And so many beautiful things on your inspiration board and what a great idea.
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my blog. You are making gorgeous stuff, so I will come back regularly and looking forward your next posts.
Greetings from Germany,
Suzi

4:33 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Love the bun!

Aurora, Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Sorry that it took me so long to get over here to say that! I am buried. Under mountains of paper. Anyway, I will check back to see what you're up too.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter