Wednesday, August 04, 2010

king


On Sunday, we brought home a new friend to the ranch.  My very own horse!!!  

Oh of course I don't mind riding the other two... Sparky is nothing if not reliable, and Nelly is a thrilling ride.  But my heart was not committed.  I needed my own.  And I found him... on Dream Horse, no less.


King is a registered American Quarter Horse.  He was born on a ranch in Idaho and grew up in Montana, rounding up cows and carrying REAL cowboys.  He is responsive and well - mannered.  His recent owner trained him in Western Pleasure and barrel racing.  He's everything I've been looking for... and more.  


More, because I think he's so handsome.  Did I mention he was BIG?  Sixteen point one hands!  And speedy too (though I have yet to test this last redeeming quality)

We got him for a great deal because he is sooo out of shape.  A few weeks in our hilly pasture and some mountain trail rides will muscle him up in no time.  However we did learn something as somewhat novice horse owners:  big horses eat more.  *duh*

I feel like a teenager again, all lovey - dovey and mooning at him over the fence all the time.  I even doodle our names together, with a heart.... *sigh*  

Kat + King = True Love.... 

PS  See him move here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kellyann Brown said...

He's sooooo handsome!!!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Aztechalo said...

Congratulations! I love those big red quarter horses. He looks like he'll be super fast when he muscles up.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter