Tuesday, June 15, 2010

jack


Today our dear cat Jack passed away.  He was murdered in his own yard, killed by a neighbor's dog that we had been watching while her owner was away.


My heart is breaking, I will miss him SO MUCH.  Nice Dad was lukewarm about Jack; he could be a nuisance.  Little P. loved him, but not so much as I did past his kittenhood.


He had grown into a handsome, playful, funny, loving companion.  He kept me company on some pretty dark nights over the past two years.


Of course he had various names.... as a newly rescued kitten from Animal Adoption, we knew he was not really Peanut.  First Black Magic, then Jack Black Magic, then Black Jack.  Followed closely by Crap Jack and my newest Jacket.


Oh my dear friend sail safely to the East.  What is remembered, lives.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kellyann Brown said...

When we talked about "peanut" last week, I didn't know that he was a black cat. I was honored to be the beloved of a skinny black cat named Zak. He gave me sixteen years of being my shadow through thick and thin. He never really understood why we needed that guy (Reza) who took his place in my bed or that other cat (Zaybel) who wanted to play with his cat toys. Sometimes I still see him out of the corner of my eye, he lays like a cat of the Kalahari, stretched low to the ground with only his tail twitching. I leave here a wish for peace for Mr. Jack... perhaps he and Zak are comparing notes as we speak at some black cat watering hole (on top of some galactic refridgerator).

12:29 AM  
Blogger LJ said...

Hugs to you my dear sweet Aurora!!

4:13 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

A fine memorial to a beautiful cat Aurora
There's never a good way to lose a beloved pet, but these extra tough ones take extra time and mental/emotional energy to process. You are not alone.
Peace....

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ode to Black Jack the magick cat...Ta tat tat..ta ta rat to kill cat..ta ta ta...what a cat ta ta that black jack.ta tat ta ta rat tat tat....that macick cat...ta ta rat cat...black jack ta tat is all that..ta tat ta ta rat ta tat tat..ode to the macick muse cat mer black the jack cat tat ta tat ta cat cat cat black jack...to ta Rap ta rap a rap rap to the cat oh cat tat tat...who can say their cat has his own rap...??? your cat ta tat tat....he all THAT..what a cat....

12:13 PM  
Blogger ~Narita said...

I so understand and am sorry to hear about Jack. I loved that kitty, too.

I wish my orange and white kitty, Dru were back in my arms. I lost him last November and not a day goes by that I don't miss him. Sixteen years just was not enough, but then, I would have been happy to live my entire life with that cat.

hugs to you my dear friend,
~Narita

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter