Saturday, May 15, 2010

joy


I have been experiencing so much joy in my life lately.  I attribute this to several factors, not the least of which is my eight months of sobriety.  I am really feeling present, clear minded, focused.  I am aware of all the wonderful things in my life that bring me joy, and I feel grateful.  My thesis has been published in the Early Childhood Education Journal.  I have a wonderful job that keeps me in a childlike space and fulfills my need for control and creativity at the same time.  My relationship is growing and blooming like the wildflowers on the hillside.  And for Mother's Day I made this beautiful tray of deviled eggs with garnishes from my garden... kale, borage, calendula and chive blossom.



Another focus of joy:  this beautiful girl in my front yard.  Unfortunately she is only on loan to us by a generous friend.  After winning third place in sorting last weekend I have become unduly attached... she is golden, so sweet and willing, and smooth as glass.  And what a lawn ornament! 

Of course, dreams do come true, so stay tuned.  

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hurray!! You still have me to cheer you on!!! congradulations!! luv...hey lets RIDE!!I am in SV soon....Raga

8:44 AM  
Blogger Kellyann Brown said...

Those deviled eggs are beautiful!!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

The eggs are SO pretty! I love chive blossoms!

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter