Tuesday, January 19, 2010

spinning around


At the December meeting for Anne's Web, my spinning guild, we had a special guest - Carolina Homespun.  Morgaine is an amazing witchy owner of a self-proclaimed "stealth shop"- run from the garage of her home in San Francisco.  I recall googling a map once and getting completely lost, never really convinced that I had found it at all though the address matched up.  I loved looking at the drop spindles (one of my favorite majickal tools) but resisted temptation.  Instead, I purchased 12 ounces of scarlet merino top.  Much to my delight, I later received the same fiber - in shocking pink - during the gift exchange.  I now have woolly Valentine projects jumping over fences in my brain.  I'm trying to spin the scarlet kind of big - a real challenge after years of fine tuning the fineness of my yarn, but fun and certainly fast.

My absence is due to several factors:  a reappearance of Error 404 (how I hate it!), an iffy internet connection with the air card (takes about an hour and a half to download a picture at home, if I'm lucky), and my immersion into New Year's routines.  I am doing yoga every morning (with this book), meditating, using affirmations, walking most afternoons and trying to make better food choices.  I am also immersing myself in all things French:  yes people I have a new obsession.  In the next several years I will be saving up and preparing myself for a trip to Paris with my two older girls.  (This feels exciting - since everything I "proclaim" on this blog tends to come true!)  Meanwhile I am reading books, watching films, surfing blogs and considering Rosetta Stone for French.  I want to eat, dress, decorate in French.  I want to be bien dans sa peau.

Restez a l'ecoute.







4 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Bien dans sa peau translates to well in her skin. Bein dans MA peau translate to well in MY skin. Is that the one you meant?

I'm so happy for you and your changes and resolutions and staying true to yourself!

Vive la Paris! Mon amie!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to see you blogging again! Oh La La I really want to read that french girl book now!
just don't be one of those stuck up type of french who look down their noses at any one not french.
Are the french into Raw food? I know they love their cheese. Oh and watch out for the intense temper.
I want to hear all about the inspiring side of french you are discovering. thanks for sharing.
Bonjure Raga
ps great to see you and Cloe.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous louise said...

tres bien et bon chance!!! paris is dreamy, as dreamy as you think it will be.

i myself am saving for your vacation destination - hawaii - perhaps i too should mention it on my blog!! saving hard would work as well i guess.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Bean said...

Wow! Good luck with all of your French beginnings. You are so brave!
I have been super lucky to have visited Paris on many occasions, the last having been in April with my two little daughters and my husband. (I was even engaged in Paris 10 years ago!!!)
What I find particularly ironic, is that I failed French in Grade 12 with only 34%. I never thought for a minute that I might ever need to actually know French...and many years later, visited Paris, fell in love with it and ended up living in Montreal for 3 years...it's amazing how all of those feelings of despise I had for the language eventually came back and switched themselves into something useful and beautiful.

Bonne Chance!!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter