Sunday, August 16, 2009

45


On Friday, I turned forty-five. Yesterday I had a wonderful party to celebrate. First thing in the morning, I got my hair cut. Goodbye, Hippy Mama. I am now sporting adult hair. Interestingly, Nice Dad said it reminded him of pictures he had once seen of me in high school. Anyway, it's an improvement. That, along with a $7 dollar Gap dress and some new/old cowgirl boots, completed the party ensemble.


My biggest girls were in attendance, enjoying the food that I had spent two whole days preparing: deviled eggs, roasted red potatoes, salsa fresca, crudites with dill dip, kalamata tapenade, flax crackers, fresh raw local chevre, and piles and piles of plum jam bars for my birthday "cake".


Good old friends were there, and the music went on and on! Drums came out, along with many candles dispersed among the herbs and flowers.


Many willing children provided delicious entertainment. Sweeter than cake.


And here we have my favorite present. I call her Honey Bunny... she will come along with me to school next week...

But we won't talk about that now, OK? I'm still savoring my dear memories from turning 45.

3 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Beautiful!!
I noticed right away you'd cut your hair! It suits you well!

Happy Belated birthday!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Happy Belated Birthday. May your year be filled with health, love, and joy.

The haircut looks fabulous.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Happy Belated Birthday from another recently-turned-45!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter