Sunday, June 29, 2008

drink me


Don't be afraid. This is a most awesome breakfast... a fresh mango and three big handfuls of organic spinach all blended up. I've been having these most days with some interesting results. I am eating a "raw until dinner" diet for about two weeks now. I believe last night I finally hit the detox zone. Without too much detail I will tell you it was pretty bad, and what's coming out is very dark and evil looking, but when it was over (about 40 minutes or so) I felt better than ever... I can feel myself getting cleaner, clearer, and more energetic every day.


I've read every book I can get my hands on about going raw, and I'm still tracking down a few more. The best advice so far: make sure you ADORE what you are eating (I adore unadulterated vegetables, and the awesome raw marinara I made last night; not so much the blended nut "cheeses"), and be sure to have some activities prepped for all the incredible creative energy this diet seems to release. No kidding!


In a flurry of cleaning out closets, drawers, and far recesses of the house, I have discovered a treasure trove of crafting materials. A big bowl of beads sits ready on the table for creative bursts of enthusiasm (mine or the kid's). I'm also back into summer knitting - dishcloths, bien sur.

It seems that when you start cleaning yourself out, it starts a chain reaction and you want to clean EVERYTHING out. I believe I have sufficiently reduced my belongings by about one-third. It is light and liberating! Now which drawer wants to be next!?...


Thank you Goddess for your summer bounty, the beauty of your gifts, and the opportunity for a fresh start. I am blessed.

2 Comments:

Blogger LauraJ said...

i AM afraid! I am happy for your new journey to a cleaner healthier you! :D

2:41 PM  
Blogger Kim Campbell said...

Has it been hard? I love most vegetables. And certain fruits. Do you get cravings for hot food?

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter