Thursday, March 13, 2008

together but apart


About four or five months ago I made the decision: I needed space. Circumstances and intuition indicated that to be together, but apart, was what my dh and I really needed. The first step was moving all my stuff upstairs. The second part was finally realizing how delicious it was to actually have my own bed. How luxurious! How comfortable! Hidden under the thrift store crochet coverlet lies a delicious lightweight but lofty-warm comforter (little P. calls it a "comfortable") from Ikea... wrapped in Spring green cotton knit, it's like a little piece of heaven. Looking out the window I can see the stars at night, hear the goats softly bleating.... in the morning, sweet pink skies mingle with the plum blossoms.

And we can still snuggle in the morning.


There's plenty of room for yoga here. Pillows are piled up around the Red Dragon altar, surrounded by various decks for morning divination. My current ritual includes hot lemon water, a peek at the 360 Goddess book, and pulling a card from one of several choices: regular old Rider-Waite, a Spa Deck, or my current favorite, the Self Care deck (fabulous pictures!)


And here's the Craft Corner, all cleaned up for Spring...transformed into a quiet place to study.

Which is what I really should be doing right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

that looks like a very lovely space to breathe, sleep, and create in. Oh and don't forget studying! Much love to you!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Your space looks peaceful and looks like a great place to meditate and evaluate your life. Hope you are taking care of yourself.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter