Friday, January 18, 2008

banana cream pie

I visited with my Mom a week ago. She was very excited because she was going to make a banana cream pie. Evidently this Christmas Cactus is going to me in the will...it was my grandmother's.

My mother has the cleanest kitchen I've ever seen. You're afraid to eat in there.

Her piecrusts are flawless. I started buying frozen crusts about ten years ago.

You must stir the filling constantly or it will burn. There is a lot of sugar in there!

Here's the recipe. "Katherine, do you have this cookbook? It's the best one I've found."


6 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

now THAT is a beautiful plant! I once recieved one from my ex MIL many years ago. Sadly the plant died. I'm not fond of bananas really but you enjoy the pie for us both!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Connie Peterson said...

That stove is scary, it's so clean!

Love the christmas cactus color! Unusual and beautiful.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Bean said...

Oh, the picture of your Mother's hands, chopping the bananas is beautiful! I LOVE pictures like that. Bits and pieces to remember always...
And yes, what a lovely, clean kitchen! Amazing! The Christmas cactus is incredible. My Mum has one that flowers only at Easter!! It's eccentric, just like she is.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Mich said...

mmmm ... Banana cream pie sounds absolutely decadent! Yummo!

As for that cactus, its gorgeous, I've never seean anything like it.

I've posted about the throat chakra now ...

mich
x.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Mich said...

Hey goddess ... I've just given you an award!

mich
x.

http://virtualcircle.blogspot.com/2008/01/i-would-like-to-thank-rebecca-from.html

2:19 AM  
Blogger Kim Campbell said...

What precious photos of your mom!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter