Wednesday, February 20, 2008

don't look Laura


With the new year there has been a surge of creativity in my house. Looking back to the last two sets of February posts, this seems to be true every year. Little P. comes home from Montessori school with armfuls of masterpieces almost daily.


Big P. did this wistful willow by the water. I like the tree's very female form.



Dh cut up some old paintings a designed a series of card for me for Valentine's Day. He calls them True Love Cards and they are each lined up with the Major Arcana from the tarot.



Interestingly, I was upstairs at the same time designing this quilt for my friend Laura. She and I had arranged a swap back in August. The theme? True Love, of course.

I had the idea of a lift - the - flap quilt....each front square is lined with felt and lifts to reveal an affirmation.


Funny how our projects were so similar. This little giveaway feels very sweet. I hope she likes it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

All the artwork is beautiful. That tree really does have a feminine form. And quite a coincidence between your quilt and the valentine's day card your husband made you. Your quilt is so sweet and thoughtful too.

12:48 PM  
Blogger LauraJ said...

Finally after sitting on my fridge for 3 weeks, then the kithcen table for one week then the fridge aagain for another week I opened the beauty that you bestowed upon me. I like your interpretation. True love for oneself. These affirmations could not have come at a better time. Thank you my dear friend. I will treasure and admire this for years to come. I will commit the affirmations to memory and believe them.

5:34 AM  
Blogger LauraJ said...

Ooops forgot to say thank you dear Friend who lives so far away!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter