Monday, June 19, 2006

spectrum

What's this? Trying to knock out the entire color week in one post?
Why, no. This is inspiration for the quilt I'm working on. It all started with a trip to the local quilting shop. Browsing through the books, I came upon a pattern that got me thinking.
The pattern was called Box of Crayons. It was a strip quilt with rows of color laid out like so many layers of a rainbow. It looked easy and colorful, and I thought: That's it! Directly afterwards, I began seeing this particular pattern everywhere (does that happen to you too?)
Amazing things happen when you start to wrap your mind around an idea. Can you believe I found this at the flea market yesterday? Luckily I had a camera and didn't have to drag the thing home....torn and color - run, but beautifully hand stitched with love, probably a gift. And she only wanted $3 for it!
But no, no, not quite what I have in mind. Remember the piles? They have been substantially reduced. And even thought I should be knitting on that darn poncho, I must say I've made pretty good progress on something that I hope will become a treasure.
Just a peek though! Must get back to work now...

1 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

i can't wait to see your quilt!
quick blogger question. i blog my pics through picassa, but they only will let me blog 4 photos at a time. how did you get 5 or more at once per post?

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter