Tuesday, May 06, 2008

beltane


This past weekend I celebrated Beltane on a retreat for womyn recovering and reclaiming. Recovering from the effects of the patriarchy. Reclaiming our power in a world aimed at marginalizing womyn and making them feel less than. I am living in that world. We all are.

We danced the Wheel of Life around the maypole, an ancient symbol of joining male and female energies in working together to create a new world, whole and complete and balanced.


My beloved mentor witch and powerful priestess, Mama Silverwitch, creates these incredible dreamcatchers. They are magical and guaranteed to filter out the nightmares.



The Beltane altar is dressed to represent each woman present. We circle around to create magic and become the change we wish to see in the world. Divination is part of the process; here you can see Goddess cards that reveal our paths and speak to us of powers yet untapped.


Here is the yurt where we slept, for two nights. Well heated with a wood stove and quite cozy on futons. No sound but the soft sound of snoring sisters, until the birds awoke us. My first ritual each morning was to jump in the hot tub overlooking the forested valley below. Such luxury!


Here in the kitchen we gathered for food, lively conversation, and more ritual. The bonds of sisterhood grew strong as we met with minds and hearts and joined together in our quest of wholeness.

Blessed be! How did you spend Beltane?

5 Comments:

Blogger LauraJ said...

I got a new bicycle on Beltane. I am so very, very happy. I can ride to places where I can feel closer to Mother Earth, and she can teach me a little about myself.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Bean said...

I was still full of the fresh Pacific Ocean air and the colours of the old Rain Forests from my holiday in Tofino, BC. I spent the day with my little family and my best friend and her husband and their newborn son. Spring is my favourite time of year. I love the freshness of the awakening world right now. It's all so perfect.
I'm envious of your retreat/celebration and so wish I could be part of a celebration like that. I feel I really need it in my life right now.
Blessed Be!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Kim Campbell said...

Boring but peaceful. How fun to go an a retreat and sleep in a yurt. *sigh*

4:44 PM  
Blogger Mich said...

How blissful! Oh you are so blessed!! I danced ... I ran a Chakradance workshop :-)

6:56 PM  
Blogger smileymamaT said...

Sounds fascinating. The dreamcatchers are beautiful and the retreat (I'd never heard of a yurt before!)looks lush and peaceful.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter