Sunday, April 27, 2008

belle of the ball


With everything else going on in my life, I must confess to still wanting to indulge my children, especially when they ask me to sew for them. Princess #1 shocked me by requesting a dress for her Junior Prom. I confess to a dislike for this color, but she had it locked in her mind. "I want to look like Belle Mom."


A closeup of this golden confection better shows the rhinestone details on the straps and under the empire waist. This dress could not have been simpler really, and it only took about four hours. Fitting would have been more efficient, however, had she remembered to bring her bra... and shoes (ahem).


As it turned out, she loved it, and that's all that counts. I only wish I'd been there to iron it for her.

3 Comments:

Blogger LauraJ said...

and a beautiful belle she is!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Sömsmånen said...

Sounds - and looks - like a wondeful girl! I this is what mothers do. I understand completely about the ironing. `None of my girls knows how , or why, to use an iron.

5:47 AM  
Blogger smileymamaT said...

oh wow that is just glowing and gorgeous. What a talent you have! Love the pic in front of the fireplace. Trying to remember how I got here also...oh yeah! To see your beautiful quilt (sent by Laura) from June...
I really enjoyed reading your blog. Great stuff.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter