Tuesday, January 09, 2007

knitted afghan



A patient of dh's gave him this beautiful gift. It's totally handknit. There are two strands making up the stripe, giving it a heathery effect - with better colors (I think). Did I ever mention he's a doctor? He often receives such thoughtful and heartfelt gifts...this was originally for P. #2, of course, but now it's on our bed.




Can anyone tell me if the edges are crocheted on? I can't believe how enormous this thing is (it covers most of the bed), it must have taken her forever. What I mean is, it would have taken me forever. I am soooo slow at knitting.

The whole idea wants me to curl up and take a nap on it.

3 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Your husband is a doctor? What kind of doctor?! How did you rate to marry a doctor?!! Oh okay... sorry I was tripping on that a minute there... That is a LOVELY blanket and I do beleive that it is single crocheted edging going on there.
You married a doctor...

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a crocheted edge there ... that helps hold the blanket from stretching too much. What beautiful colors - and nice and heavy and warm!!! How fortunate you are to get such a beautiful gift!!

And such a talented person who knit it!!

Blessings

6:06 AM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

I thought that the edging looked like knit with maybe just the blue as a single crochet, but maybe knit, too. The corners, though, look continuous, which makes me think crochet.

P.S. You should be looking out for those chanterelles.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter